This mail survey of 998 AARP members in Louisiana explores their concerns, state legislative priorities, and preferences for involvement with — and receiving information from — AARP.
It found that Louisiana AARP members...
- are extremely concerned about making sure that their pension benefits or retirement savings are safe and secure and having access to affordable prescription drugs
- say it would be important to be able to choose and receive long-term care services at home, and would prefer to pay a nurse or aide or have family and friends provide such care at home
- support increasing funding for services that would allow persons to stay in their own homes longer, even if it meant reducing funds for nursing homes
- believe that ensuring the availability of a broad range of long-term care services to help persons stay in their own homes should be a top or high priority for AARP
- chose access to affordable prescription drugs and the availability, cost, and quality of health care as their top legislative priorities
The survey was conducted during October and November 2002. The report was prepared by Joanne Binette of AARP Knowledge Management, who may be contacted at 202-434-6303 for further information. (40 pages)