AARP is taking the debate about the future of Medicare and Social Security out from behind closed doors in Washington and into cities throughout Alabama to give you a voice.
For the past year, Washington has been discussing changes to Medicare and Social Security behind closed doors as part of a backroom budget deal. Throughout that debate, AARP heard from millions of members who said they’re tired of Washington playing politics with the benefits they’ve earned. That’s why we’re launching You’ve Earned a Say – a national conversation to ensure that Americans have a say in the future of Social Security and Medicare.
We’re calling it You’ve Earned a Say because Americans have earned their benefits by paying into Social Security and Medicare for years and they deserve to know what the politicians are talking about.
From March 19 through the end of the year, we’ll be sponsoring activities throughout the state – all with the goal of giving Alabamians a chance to their views and offer their own ideas about how to keep Social Security and Medicare strong for the long-term.
Make your voice heard at one of the following events. The daytime events will include a complimentary lunch, and the after-hours mixer includes complimentary hors d’oeuvres and one free drink. All events are free and open to the public, but we ask that you register.
- Monday, March 19, 11 a.m., Crump Senior Center, 1751 Congressman Dickinson Dr., Montgomery. Register online or by calling 1-877-926-8300.
- Wednesday, March 21, 11:30 a.m., Birmingham Botanical Gardens, 2612 Lane Park Road, Birmingham. Register online or by calling 1-877-926-8300.
- Thursday, March 22, 5 – 7 p.m. (Must be 21+), Wine Loft, 2200 1st Ave. N., Birmingham. Register online or by calling 1-877-926-8300.
- Monday, March 26, 11:00 a.m., Hillcrest Senior Center, 3201 Hillcrest Road, Mobile. Register online or by calling 1-877-926-8300.
- Wednesday, March 28, 11:30 a.m., Huntsville Botanical Gardens, 4747 Bob Wallace Avenue, Huntsville. Register online or by calling 1-877-926-8300.
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This