Javascript is not enabled.

Javascript must be enabled to use this site. Please enable Javascript in your browser and try again.

File for Economic Stimulus Payment in 2009 - AARP Bulletin Skip to content

Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.


Stimulus Break

Still haven’t claimed your 2007 economic stimulus payment? An estimated 4 million individuals are still eligible to receive the payment by filing a 2008 income tax return. For a single filer, the minimum payment is $300 and the maximum is $600; for couples, payments range from $600 to $1,200.

But you must file a tax return with the Internal Revenue Service. Eligible are those who received at least $3,000 in Social Security benefits, veterans benefits, certain railroad retirement benefits or earned income in 2007.

If you normally do not file a tax return, complete Form 1040A, available at

Barbranda Lumpkins Walls is a features editor at the AARP Bulletin.


Join the Discussion

0 | Add Yours

Please leave your comment below.

You must be logged in to leave a comment.