Editor's note: Always consult your tax adviser for advice regarding your personal situation.
Also of Interest
- Learn about new taxes in 2013.
- 10 bad spending habits you should break.
- The worst-rated states for retirement.
Remember to go to the AARP home page every day for tips on keeping healthy and sharp, and great deals.
More on Taxes
- Test Your 2013 Tax Knowledge
How much do you really know about upcoming tax rules affecting your return?
- Can’t Pay Your Taxes?
The IRS offers options for getting right with Uncle Sam.
- 10 Tax Tips Everyone Over 50 Should Know
Double check that you are taking advantage of every deduction and credit available to you.
Join AARP Today — Receive access to exclusive tax tips and expert advice.