With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.
AARP Bulletin, October, 2009
Brooke Astor’s Son Guilty in Scheme to Defraud Her
The son of Brooke Astor, the legendary New York society matriarch, was convicted on Thursday of stealing from her as she suffered from Alzheimer’s disease in the twilight of her life. More >>
• Move to Protect Mrs. Astor May Cost an Inheritance
October 11, 2009
• At Astor Trial: Read, Sleep and Wait
October 2, 2009
• Jurors Ask to Rehear Testimony on Astor Estate in Maine
September 25, 2009
• Alternate Astor Juror Says He Favors the Prosecution
September 23, 2009
• After 19 Weeks, Astor Case Is About to Go to the Jury
September 21, 2009
• Prosecutor Says Astor’s Son Is ‘Depraved’
September 16, 2009
• Defense Finishes Closing in Astor Case
September 15, 2009
• Defense in Astor Case Focuses on Two Codicils
September 14, 2009
• Testimony in Astor Trial Ends With Show of Brevity
September 9, 2009
• Prosecution Finally Rests in the Brooke Astor Case
August 19, 2009
• Astor Trial Plods on, Trying the Patience of Many
August 18, 2009
• Did Brooke Astor Know What She Was Doing?
August 3, 2009
• Astor’s Lawyer Says Son Fretted Over Inheritance
May 29, 2009
• Focus on Astor’s Many Wills, and a Lawyer in the Middle
May 27, 2009
• In Video and Testimony, Brooke Astor’s Irreverent Side Emerges
May 19, 2009
• Ex-Secretary Says Astor Was Unsure
May 14, 2009
• Friends: Astor’s Dementia Pronounced Prior to Will Changes
May 7, 2009
• Former Met Museum Chief Tells of Mrs. Astor’s Charity
May 5, 2009
• Charges of Financial Fraud Dominate Beginning of Trial
April 29, 2009
Please leave your comment below.
You must be logged in to leave a comment.
Get tips and resources to protect yourself from fraud and see the latest scam alerts in your state.
Members save 15% on in-store purchases of frozen yogurt, treats and apparel.
Exclusive program for members from The Hartford.
AARP members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.
You are leaving AARP.org and going to the website of our trusted provider. The provider’s terms, conditions and policies apply. Please return to AARP.org to learn more about other benefits.
Your email address is now confirmed.
Manage your email preferences and tell us which topics interest you so that we can prioritize the information you receive.
Explore all that AARP has to offer.
In the next 24 hours, you will receive an email to confirm your subscription to receive emails
related to AARP volunteering. Once you confirm that subscription, you will regularly
receive communications related to AARP volunteering. In the meantime, please feel free
to search for ways to make a difference in your community at