Listen to The Perfect Scam Podcast and Nominate It for a People’s Choice Podcast Award! Find Out More
AARP West Virginia, April 16, 2010|Comments: 0
With the cost of food and health care skyrocketing, families losing their homes, retirement accounts shrinking and millions of Americans without a job, AARP recently launched Real Relief, an online resource to help people weather these tough economic times.
"This resource was created to help people and families find assistance and guidance," said David Mitchell, AARP Arizona State Director. "It's a one-stop online portal that offers programs and tools for those struggling to make ends meet."
The AARP Real Relief site includes:
• Retiree information—helpful tools and resources for retirees who may be facing economic challenges.
• Programs to help make ends meet—including free tax preparation assistance and help accessing and applying for public benefits.
• Job tips—direction on what to do if you are seeking full or part-time employment; and specific companies that value older workers.
• Tips on protecting your money—learn how to avoid scams, protect your assets, and choose a financial planner.
• Financial calculators—designed to help you keep your finances on track.
• Money saving tips—suggestions on how and where to cut back on expenses.
• Economic news—featuring specialized articles in AARP Bulletin Today.
• A toll-free number where members can find help and answers: (888) OUR-AARP.
"Whether seeking employment or job training, worried about retirement, cutting back on expenses, or protecting investments, we encourage people to use this AARP online resource or to share them with others in need," added Mitchell.
For more information about the AARP Real Relief website, visit aarp.org/realrelief. Find out where you can locate important resources that can help you in tough economic times.
Please leave your comment below.
You must be logged in to leave a comment.
Enter address, city, state, or ZIP code.
Driver Safety (0)
Tax Aide (0)
Entertainment & Dining (0)
Healthcare & Insurance (0)
Financial Services & Insurance (0)
Member Local Offers (0)
Visit the AARP state page for information about events, news and resources near you.
Exclusive savings and benefits with the AARP Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford.
Members earn points on select Walgreens brand health and wellness products.
Members save $65-$200 on round-trip tickets purchased online.
AARP members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.
You are leaving AARP.org and going to the website of our trusted provider. The provider’s terms, conditions and policies apply. Please return to AARP.org to learn more about other benefits.
Your email address is now confirmed.
Manage your email preferences and tell us which topics interest you so that we can prioritize the information you receive.
Explore all that AARP has to offer.
In the next 24 hours, you will receive an email to confirm your subscription to receive emails
related to AARP volunteering. Once you confirm that subscription, you will regularly
receive communications related to AARP volunteering. In the meantime, please feel free
to search for ways to make a difference in your community at