Some like to kick off the summer season by firing up the grill over Memorial Day weekend. But others like to shop. If you fall into the latter category, WalletHub has just released a list of the best deals to be had later this month. For more than a year, the personal finance website has been tracking offers from major retailers to determine the most heavily discounted merchandise in May compared with the rest of the year. In doing so, one particular category stood out: exercise bikes. If you're in the market for one, this is the time to buy.
To make bargain hunting even easier, WalletHub cherry-picked the following 10 special deals.
1. Kenmore 73025 Refrigerator — 52.63 percent off
2. Asus C202 Chromebook, 11.6-inch — 41.42 percent off
3. Highland 7-Piece Dining Set — 69.6 percent off
4. LG 49-inch 4K Smart HDTV — 42.86 percent off
5. Aggressor or Laguna Pro Bikes — 41.67 percent off
6. Canon Rebel T6 Bundle — 40 percent off
7. Sealy Queen Mattress — 63.64 percent off
8. Diamond Flag Pendant — 75.25 percent off
9. HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 — 40 percent off
10. Dell 27-inch Monitor — 50 percent off
WalletHub's full report reveals the retailer and dates when these deals are available.
Coupons.com's savings expert Jeanette Pavini also says that May is the perfect time to shop for a mattress or a refrigerator. She says that new models of refrigerators are typically introduced during spring and summer, leading stores to lower their prices on prior-year models in May. When it comes to mattresses, Pavini says you can often find deals as low as half off. She advises consumers to compare warranties as well as return and exchange policies. Some stores require you to purchase their water-resistant cover or they won't allow you to return the mattress.
When it comes to travel, take a look at our list of 45 travel discounts for your next great escape.