Whether you want to stuff stockings or feed your mind, ’tis the season for great deals on books.
If you preorder online through Wal-Mart, Target or Amazon, any of 10 eagerly awaited new hardcovers can be yours for $9. Wal-Mart offers free shipping and has also discounted, by 50 percent or more, some 200 other titles when ordered online.
Other ways to buy books for less:
- Show your AARP card and save 35 percent on AARP-produced books and 10 percent on others when shopping at Borders or its subsidiary, Waldenbooks.
- Check the online links to bargain books at Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
- At online book-swap sites such as PaperBackSwap, BookMooch, TitleTrader or Novel Action, you list books you own that can be swapped for others. Once a book on your list is requested, you get credits for titles you want.
- Check out coupon codes for online booksellers at RetailMeNot, Savings.com, Shopping-Bargains and other deal-tracking websites.
- Join AARP’s Savings Challenge to share your tips, track your savings and compete for prizes.
Sid Kirchheimer writes about consumer and health issues.
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This