Medicare open enrollment ends Dec. 7! Learn more about reviewing coverage, making changes.
Living on a Budget
by Sid Kirchheimer, AARP Bulletin, July 7, 2008
Gas comparison websites have been around for years, and they’re worth checking out to get the best deals in your Zip Code. Here are five:
1. Consider making your first stop at www.gasbuddy.com, the granddaddy of gas price websites.
2. Go to www.gaspricewatch.com for price changes at stations in the past 72 hours.
3. The AAA’s www.fuelcostcalculator.com delivers road trip cost calculations based on your car’s make and model.
4. At autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx, you get updates from 90,000 gas stations.
5. At www.altfuelprices.com, you can get a map to match a station to your fuel type.
Featured AARP Member Benefits
See All >
WayForth Home Transition Management
Free consultation and follow-up plan
Personal Loans from Marcus by Goldman Sachs®
No-fee personal loans
Members can save monthly on qualified AT&T wireless plans
Members can save 50% on prescription lenses
You are leaving AARP.org and going to the website of our trusted provider. The provider’s terms, conditions and policies apply. Please return to AARP.org to learn more about other benefits.
Your email address is now confirmed.
You'll start receiving the latest news, benefits, events, and programs related to AARP's mission to empower people to choose how they live as they age.
You can also manage your communication preferences by updating your account at anytime. You will be asked to register or log in.
In the next 24 hours, you will receive an email to confirm your subscription to receive emails
related to AARP volunteering. Once you confirm that subscription, you will regularly
receive communications related to AARP volunteering. In the meantime, please feel free
to search for ways to make a difference in your community at