If you are an AARP member, you can add your spouse or an adult living at your address to your account as a secondary member for free. Even if they are under 50, they can enjoy full membership status as long as you, the primary member, are over 50.
They're also able to receive their own membership card, which we will automatically send once you add them to your account.
You can add a secondary member to your account at any time online by following these steps:
- Click the Login button in the red bar at the top of the screen. (If you’re already logged in, skip to step 3.)
- Fill in your login credentials and click Log In.
- Look for your name in the red bar at the top of the screen and click on it to reveal a dropdown list.
- Select My Account from the dropdown.
- Click on the Account Details tab. Here you can update all of your account details, including adding a secondary member.
- Scroll down to the section that says Spouse/Partner and click on the Edit button.
- Fill in your secondary member’s information and hit Save.
- To edit this information, your spouse/partner must log in or register with aarp.org. If you wish to edit or remove this member from your account, please call 866-684-9291 (9 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET Monday - Friday) to speak to a representative.
If you prefer, you can also give us a call at 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277) and we’ll be happy to help.
Originally published July 2019