Where We Live: Communities for All Ages — a book by Nancy LeaMond, AARP Executive Vice President, Community, State and National Affairs — highlights initiatives that mayors nationwide have launched to improve their communities, respond to pressing issues, and build partnerships.
AARP's hope is that by spotlighting these efforts and initiatives, we'll jar loose even more examples and ideas of how our nation's cities and towns can be more livable for people of all ages.
2. Templates And Text For Developing Promotional Materials
3. Social Media
Spread the word via Facebook and Twitter by using the images (pictured) and the customizable posts found in the following documents:
4. Promotional Event
Host an event so we can highlight a town or city in your area as part of our Where We Live outreach activities by having AARP and a local mayor team up at a volunteer project that makes a community more livable for people of all ages. (For instance, local media and residents could be invited to an event that the mayor, an AARP representative and a community partner kick off with very brief remarks that also mention the book.) Interested? Let us know!
6. Ready-Made Resources And Text You Can Share
- Read the Free E-Book Here! (or download it from iBook or Amazon Kindle)
- Order your free printed book by emailing your name and mailing address to email@example.com
- Tell us about your community's inspiring ideas and solutions! Visit AARP.org/SharingLivableSolutions to provide a brief description of the project or initiative, location and contact information.
- Share and Visit the URL aarp.org/WhereWeLive
- Tweet by using the hashtag #WhereWeLive
- Print a four-page flyer about the book and these sample pages
7. Spread The Word About AARP Livable Communities
Encourage members of your commmunity and target audience to subscribe to the award-winning AARP Livable Communities e-Newsletter, follow @AARPLivable and @NancyLeaMond on Twitter and make use of our many resources:
- AARP Livability Fact Sheet Series (pictured)
- AARP Imagining Livability Collection
- AARP Livable Communities Slideshows
- AARP Livable Communities Interviews
- AARP Livable Communities How To's
- AARP HomeFit Guide
- AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities
- AARP Livable Communities A-Z Archives
The AARP Livability Fact Sheets series and the AARP HomeFit Guide are first-place winners in the Clearmark Awards and the Imagining Livability Design Collection received Platinum-level honors from the 2015 MarCom Awards.