The award-winning Where We Live: Communities for All Ages series highlights inspiring ideas and solutions from America's local leaders to improve their communities, respond to pressing issues, and build partnerships. These free AARP books are available in print and e-book formats.
- The 2017 edition, Where We Live: Communities for All Ages — 100+ Inspiring Ideas from America's Community Leaders, features examples from local leaders in all 50 states
- In 2016, we published our first title, Where We Live: Communities for All Ages — 100+ Inspiring Ideas from America's Mayors
Four Free Ways to Read Where We Live
1. Paperback Edition
Order either or both books right now at AARP.org/Livable-Communities/Publications
2. E-Book Option #1
Email us at WhereWeLive@AARP.org and we'll respond right away with links for PDF downloads.
3. E-Book Option #2
Download Where We Live from the following online retailers.
4. Read Excerpts Online
Articles from Where We Live can be found on our website. (Check back for more 2017 excerpts.)
From the 2017 book
- Housing | Transit, Streets and Sidewalks | Public Places and Outdoor Spaces | Health and Wellness | Community Engagement | Work, Volunteerism and Opportunity | Arts, Entertainment and Fun
From the 2016 book
Tell Us About Where You Live
Provide a brief description of the project, feature, place or service that helps make your community livable for people of all ages. Complete our "Sharing Livable Solutions" form. We'll be in touch if we want to learn more or feature the example you share.
Other Inspiring Resources
- AARP Livability Fact Sheet Series (pictured)
- AARP Imagining Livability Collection
- AARP Livable Communities Slideshows
- AARP Livable Communities Interviews
- AARP Livable Communities How To's
- AARP HomeFit Guide
- AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities
- AARP Livable Communities A-Z Archives
The AARP Livability Fact Sheets series and the AARP HomeFit Guide are first-place winners in the Clearmark Awards and the Imagining Livability Design Collection received Platinum-level honors from the 2015 MarCom Awards.