Sometimes it's the little things that matter. The right kind of drawer and door handles can provide a better grip. Grab bars and stair rails can make a home safer.
Here, a dozen HomeFit Do's and Don'ts.
AARP HomeFit Guide | Is Your Home "HomeFit"? | The Room-by-Room Tour | Tips for Specific Needs | Use This, Not That | HomeFit "To Do" Lists | Hiring a Contractor | Using an OT or CAPS | Smart Ways to Spend Less | Worksheets & Resources | Remodeling Costs | Take the Home Fit Quiz
Page published February 2015
- Select a HomeFit topic from the sidebar
- Download a PDF of the AARP HomeFit Guide and/or pamphlet*
- Order a free, printed AARP HomeFit Guide and/or pamphlet*
- Watch an introductory video (by following the link or using the player below)
- Take a video tour of a "HomeFit" home
- Contact your AARP State office for information about attending an AARP HomeFit Workshop
*The AARP HomeFit Guide and "Low-Cost / No-Cost Ideas" pamphlet are available in English and Spanish.