The AARP Walk Audit Worksheets are easy to print from home, easy to complete, and easy to use by anyone who wants to make their community more livable and pedestrian-friendly for people of all ages. Each worksheet can be used on its own or in combination with other worksheets. Each can be printed anew for observing a different street or block.
Share your walk audit findings with local leaders, elected officials and members of civic organizations and neighborhood groups. Advocate for changes that will address the most egregious problems and be of benefit to the community.
See page 18 of the AARP Walk Audit Tool Kit for information about reporting results and proposing solutions.
A walk audit can occur in a single-location or along a route between destinations (aka a mobile walk audit).
We encourage printing, photocopying and sharing the worksheets so numerous walk auditors — working solo or as part of a team — can observe and document the safety of a community's streets and sidewalks.
This page includes links for downloading individual worksheets as well as for downloading the complete 11-worksheet collection. Scroll down to see and flip through the worksheets while online.
Download individual worksheets
Choose from a one-page worksheet or a two-page large-type version
- Make a Map: One-Pager | Large-Type
- Who’s Using the Street — and Why? One-Pager | Large-Type
- Sidewalk, Streets and Crossings (single-location audit): One-Pager | Large-Type
- Sidewalk, Streets and Crossings (walking audit): One-Pager | Large-Type
- Sidewalks: One-Pager | Large-Type
- Streets and Crossings: One-Pager | Large-Type
- Street Safety and Appeal: One-Pager | Large-Type
- Public Transit Access: One-Pager | Large-Type
- Build a Better Block: One-Pager | Large-Type
- Winter Weather: One-Pager | Large-Type
- Summary Worksheet: One-Pager | Large-Type
From the Livable Library
The walk audit worksheets are a supplement to the AARP Walk Audit Tool Kit. Download or order the free publication by visiting AARP.org/WalkAudit »
Page updated March 2022
Find articles, publications and more