Skip to content
Nonlegal Volunteers

En español | Legal Counsel for the Elderly can’t continue its work alongside our older neighbors without your support. Thanks to the generous support of AARP that covers our overhead expenses, 100% of your donation to LCE will go to support our programs. Donate online or mail your contribution to:

Legal Counsel for the Elderly
Attn: Billy Fettweis
601 E Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20049



Charitable Giving

Gift of Stock

A gift of stock is one of the simplest and most tax-savvy ways to support LCE. Transfer appreciated securities (stocks, bonds, mutual funds) you have owned for at least a year to LCE, pay no capital gains tax, and receive a charitable deduction for the full fair-market value of your gift. Most importantly, you are helping improve the lives of low-income, vulnerable older adults. The entire transaction can be handled electronically — saving you time and effort.

For delivery instructions, please contact Director of Development & Communications, Billy Fettweis, at or 202-304-5782.

Planned Giving: Realize Your Legacy

By making a planned gift, you can create a lasting legacy to guarantee that LCE will be there for our older neighbors long into the future. Add a gift to LCE in your will, trust, or estate plan as a specific amount, or as a percentage of your estate.

Sample Language for Your Will: 

“I give to Legal Counsel for the Elderly, a District of Columbia nonprofit corporation, headquartered in Washington, DC, the sum of $_______ (or___% of my estate, or the property described herein) to be used for _________________ (specify the purpose, like unrestricted funds, a specific program, etc.).” 

Legal Counsel for the Elderly’s Tax ID Number:  52-1194741 

Our Legal Name: Legal Counsel for the Elderly

Spur Local (formerly the Catalogue for Philanthropy) calls Legal Counsel for the Elderly "One of the best small charities in the Washington, D.C. region." 

Please designate Legal Counsel for the Elderly under United Way #8808.

Please designate Legal Counsel for the Elderly under CFC #31866.