Join AARP for a National PACT Act Tele-Town Hall on expanded health care benefits and services available to veterans and their families from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) under the new law. The event will also highlight key AARP resources and tools, such as the mobile-friendly Veterans & Military Families Health Benefits Navigator.
The Sergeant First Class Heath Robinson Honoring our Promise to Address Comprehensive Toxics (PACT) Act, named after a decorated combat medic who died from a rare form of lung cancer, specifically addresses veterans with toxic exposures during the Vietnam War, Gulf War and post 9/11 eras.
Veterans who think they qualify for PACT Act benefits should submit their benefit claims before Aug. 10, 2023, to receive a whole year’s worth of retroactive benefits. Applications submitted after this date will not be provided back pay.
Tele-town hall date:
- July 11, 2023, from 3 to 3:45 p.m. ET
How to dial-in:
- Benefits available from the PACT Act
- How to file for PACT Act benefits
- How to obtain retroactive benefits by Aug. 10, 2023 deadline
- Pete Jeffries, National Director, AARP
- John Boerstler, Chief Veterans Experience Officer, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs