Here are just some discounts specifically for veterans. The offers may change, so it is always good to check the company website for the latest information. Plus, it never hurts to ask when dealing with companies not listed here. Be sure to have documentation to show your veteran status. Most companies will accept the DD-1173 or DD-2 identification cards. Others use sheerid.com to verify your status.
Hearing and Vision
Department of Veterans Affairs: The VA will provide eyeglasses and hearing aids to qualifying veterans.
- Baseball Hall of Fame: Free admission year-round for retired military.
- Carnival Cruise Line: Retired military personnel receive a military discount of 10 to 50 percent on select two- to 12-day cruises.
- Disney World: Walt Disney World Resort offers Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets.
- Disney Cruise Line: Special military rates are available to retired military personnel and their families.
- Legoland: 23 percent discount and second day free at the California Legoland for military veterans.
- Norwegian Cruise Line: Retired military get special offers
- SeaWorld: Via the Waves of Honor program, 30 percent discount off admission for retired military.
- U.S. National Parks: Free annual pass to all U.S. national parks with DD Form 1173.
- DoubleTree by Hilton: Get 15 percent off the Bed & Breakfast rate when booking your room.
- Greyhound: Vets ride for 10 percent off all walk-up fares. Also, the most you’ll ever pay is $259 for a round-trip anywhere in the U.S.
- Hilton: Book a room at participating Hilton properties and get up to a 15 percent discount. Works for retired military and their families.
- La Quinta Hotels: La Quinta offers a 12 percent discount on room reservations.
Also of Interest
- Military caregivers need more support, study shows
- 3 classic cruise ship rip-offs to avoid
- Help bring relief to struggling seniors; find volunteer opportunities near you
Join AARP Now — Receive access to exclusive info, benefits and discounts