Thursday, June 19, 2014
Dirksen Senate Office Building
Washington DC 20510
Improving Long-Term Services and Supports: How are States Doing?
At this forum, PPI released Raising Expectations 2014: A State Scorecard on Long-Term Services and Supports for Older Adults, People with Physical Disabilities, and Family Caregivers. The Scorecard ranks states on their effectiveness delivering LTSS. It looks at 26 indicators of LTSS system performance, over five dimensions:
- Affordability and Access,
- Choice of Setting and Provider,
- Quality of Life and Quality of Care,
- Support for Family Caregivers, and
- Effective Transitions.
Speakers discussed changes in state rankings since the first edition of the Scorecard in 2011 and looked at policies and practices states have successfully implemented. Featured speakers included:
- Susan Reinhard, AARP SVP for Public Policy
- Melinda K. Abrams, VP Delivery System Reform, The Commonwealth Fund
- Bruce Chernof, M.D., President and CEO, The SCAN Foundation.
- Loren Colman, Assistant Commissioner of Continuing Care for the Minnesota Department of Human Services
- Mike Fogarty, former Chief Executive Officer, Oklahoma Health Care Authority
- Michael McCormick, Deputy Director, Aging & People with Disabilities, Oregon Department of Human Services
- Kristi R. Plotner, Director, Office of Policy, Planning and Development, at the Division of Medicaid, Office of the Governor
Next ArticleRead This