What Diane Byers accomplished during the Fat 2 Fit Challenge far exceeded her expectations. She writes:
This Sunday marks the start of the ninth week of diet and exercise for me and also my first 5K walk/run. I am down 12 pounds in two months. And I was able to run as well as walk a 5K this morning, even running across the finish line!
If you had told me two months ago that my body could do this, I would have laughed long and loud. No way could this 58-year-old woman, who hasn't done daily exercise since maybe PE class in 9th grade, run this race.
It is like I have been reintroduced to a body I said good-bye to a long time ago.
So let me count my blessings:
- A set of knees that can let me run up a hill
- A marathon-training daughter who can coach me for free
- A husband who finds hotels near trail parks
- A diet that lets me eat cashews
- A mountain road outside my door, which restores my spirit as it strengthens my body
Thanks for the opportunity to share.
We owe Diane thanks for telling us her story.