AARP Missouri boasts more than 740,000 members led by a strong volunteer leadership. The needs and interests of the 50+ are served through our primary areas of expertise and proven success: information and education; legislative, judicial, and consumer advocacy; and community services provided by a network of local chapters and experienced and trained program volunteers.
Resources available at the AARP Missouri state office are key benefits the 50+. By providing simple and easy-to-understand information so that consumers can make informed decisions as they age, AARP Missouri is actively engaging the fifty plus population in our state.
Following is a sampling of publications, and the order numbers, that are available free:
- Medicines Made Easy (D18366)
- The AARP Home Fit Guide (D18959)
- Steps to Taking Charge of Your Health (D19139)
- Making Your House a Home for a Lifetime – Through Design (D19058)
- Universal Design: Creating a Comfortable, Safe and Easy-to-Use Hojme for Lifelong Living (D19072)
- Steps to Making Your Home and Community Safer and Better (D19137)
A limited number of publications provided by The Hartford are also available free:
- We need to talk… family conversations with older drivers
- At the Crossroads: Family Conversations about Alzheimer’s Disease, Dementia & Driving
- It Could Happen to Me – Family Conversations about Disaster Planning
- Your Road to Confidence: A Widow’s Guide to Buying, Selling and Maintaining a Car
AARP often collaborates with other entities to produce important information. The following publications were developed in association with the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). Note that the AARP Missouri state office has a supply of these publications and the order number.
- Choosing and Comparing Two Kinds of Blood Pressure Pills: ACEIs and ARBs (AHRQ 08-EHC003-2A)
- Rheumatoid and Arthritis Medicines (AHRQ 08-EHC004-2A)
- Antidepressant Medicines (AHRQ 07-EHC007-2A)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) (AHRQ 06-EHC003-A)
- Osteoporosis Treatments That Help Prevent Broken Bones AHRQ 08-EHC008-2A)
In conjunction with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and Agency for Health Research and Quality, two new publications are now available:
- Men: Stay Healthy at 50+ (D19005)
- Women: Stay Healthy at 50+ (D19006)
If you would like a copy of any publication listed, call the AARP Missouri state office toll free at 1-866-389-5627.
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This