Staying healthy doesn’t have to be a hassle. Improve your health, better your life, and have fun with AARP’s resources for healthier living. From nutritious recipes to games that boost your brain, AARP has something for almost every aspect of your health. As the winter months wind down, spring into health (and keep your New Year’s resolution alive!).
Getting in Shape: Exercise and Nutrition
Physical wellness isn’t just about the number on your bathroom scale. It’s about feeling good, living well, and enjoying your life. These tips and tools can help improve your physical fitness and keep you motivated.
- If you’re looking for new ideas to get yourself moving, step up to better health with a walking program. Learn more about your options today.
- Having trouble getting into an exercise routine? Find out the ten best ways to make your exercise program stick.
- Stay in shape with the support of others! Our Fat2Fit program keeps you on track through helpful resources and the support of others.
Sharp as a Tack: Improving Brain Function
A strong mind is the best complement to a healthy body. While getting and staying in shape is important, don’t forget to flex your brain. Foods packed with antioxidants, positive thinking, and even computer games can start making a difference immediately. Get started with these key resources:
- Boost your brain by visiting our brain health site. Get started now!
- Relationships matter! Research has shown that people who are socially active stay healthier, mentally and physically, longer.
- Eating well not only keeps you physically fit, but can also improve brain function. Use this guide to fuel your brain today!
Be Wise: Manage your Meds Today
In addition to exercising your mind and body, you’ll also want to exercise your role as a good medication manager. Becoming your own medication manager – in partnership with your health care team – has never been more important. Learn to manage your medications wisely with these AARP tools:
- Avoid costly and dangerous medication errors by using our medication management toolkit.
- Understand your options by comparing your prescription choices. Our Drug Compare tool shows how two drugs stack up against each other.
- Avoid drug interactions! Make sure your medications are not in conflict by using our Drug Interaction Checker.
- Become a better medication manager by using a Personal Medication Record to keep track of all your meds, avoid dangerous drug interactions, and save money.
- Learn how to save money on prescriptions drugs. Tour AARP’s Doughnut Hole Calculator.
Shape up and Stay Healthy Today
The wide array of AARP resources for you and your family makes healthier living a lot easier. We all know that small steps produce big gains. Take that first step today!