This survey of 983 AARP members in Delaware explored their experiences and opinions related to prescription drugs. Some of the key findings are as follows:
- The top legislative priorities of Delaware members are increasing access to affordable prescription medication and improving the availability, cost, and quality of health care.
- Nearly 9 in 10 of Delaware members were taking prescription medication at the time of the survey.
- More than one-third of them pay out of pocket, and nearly 2 in 10 purchase a private insurance plan to help cover the costs.
- Lower income Delaware members are more likely to pay out of pocket or with a discount or government program.
- Nearly three-fourths of the members are concerned about being able to afford prescription medications in the next 2 years.
- Nine in 10 of them think it is important for Delaware to make drugs more affordable.
The survey was conducted in November and December 2003. David Cicero and Katherine Bridges managed the project. David Cicero analyzed the data and prepared the report. For more information, contact Katherine Bridges at (202) 434-6329.
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This