The road to fitness isn’t always a cakewalk. For some of us, we just have to watch out for the pebbles that might turn an ankle. Others of us have good-sized rocks to scramble over. And some of us, like Fat to Fit member Sslivingston, from Santa Fe, N.M., think little of surmounting the boulders that lie in our path.
Read on for an inspiring glimpse of how to always look on the bright side of life.
Although I’m new to Fat 2 Fit, I really like the idea of this kind of support. I find so many useful posts; each has a kernel of wisdom.
I’m fortunate to be a part of a medical exercise program that focuses on COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). I’ve never been a smoker, nor have I had asthma, yet I still got this, which means I have my oxygen supply at my side 24/7 oxygen.
Exercising is an interesting process while plugged into oxygen. Plus there is much to learn about coping skills that will allow my lungs to slowly recover.
Even so, my six resolutions are:
1. I shall accept my health challenges without using them as excuses for being heavy.
2. I shall exercise at the gym two times this week.
3. I shall walk 1,500 steps five times this week.
4. I shall continue to focus on cooking well-balanced, vegetarian meals.
5. I shall pack lunch and fruit snacks for work at least three times this week.
6. Oh yes, I shall use oxygen supplements at least 90 percent of the time.