An exceptional volunteer leader is being sought by AARP Missouri to motivate and inspire its nearly 750,000 members.
See Also: Get Involved and Volunteer with AARP Missouri
Applications for State President, the top state level AARP volunteer position, are being accepted by AARP Missouri. “We are seeking a visionary leader with a passion for issues that impact people as they age,” said Craig Eichelman, AARP Missouri state director. “This person will be charged with motivating our members, volunteers, the public and elected officials.”
You will work with the State Director and in collaboration with other appropriate volunteers and staff, the State President positions AARP in the state to achieve the AARP vision, mission and strategic priorities.
The State President leads the Executive Council, which is not a board of directors, but rather works with staff and volunteers to establish strategic goals and objectives on a local level consistent with the national AARP strategic framework.
The ideal State President candidate:
- Has a record of achievement in either community service or a professional career.
- Has knowledge and a passion for at least one of AARP’s priority issues (Economic Security, Utility Rates, Healthcare, Long-Term Care, Livable Communities and Mobility and Transportation) and a willingness to take a leadership role on that issue.
- Has an extensive network with key Missouri leaders in government, and the public and private sectors.
- Is able to manage, motivate and challenge our volunteer Executive Council.
- Is a strong public speaker, able to testify before the Missouri State Legislature and U.S. Congress, and give media interviews.
- Is willing to take a leadership role in engaging members and volunteers.
- Can develop a strong working partnership with the state director.
- Is open to new ideas as well as diverse individuals and groups.
- Has Internet access and is proficient in Word and email.
“The time commitment is flexible and varies and some travel is required, both in-state and nationally,” said Eichelman. “We also offer web-based technology for meetings and trainings.” He added that approved travel and other expenses related to the volunteer role are reimbursed.
To receive an informational packet that includes the Volunteer Position for State President and State President Application, send an email to Sue Cerny at email@example.com or call 816-360-2204 (toll free at 866-389-5627).
Next ArticleRead This