Some of the most vulnerable residents in our community – children and senior citizens – will go to bed hungry, and you can do something to help change that. The AARP District of Columbia State Office is inviting you to participate in the third annual AARP DC food drive on Friday, October 14th from 8:30 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. Purchase and donate food at the participating grocery stores in each ward of the city, and/or join AARP volunteers collecting donated food at the stores.
Volunteer and/or shop at any of the nine stores currently committed to Drive to End Hunger in the District of Columbia. Volunteers must register by October 1st. For this and other opportunities to volunteer with the District of Columbia State Office of AARP, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-434-7703.
The following stores are committed to Drive to End Hunger in DC.
- Ward 1 - Safeway, 1747 Columbia Rd NW
- Ward 2 - Safeway, 490 L St NW
- Ward 3 - Giant, 4303 Connecticut Ave. NW
- Ward 4 - Safeway, 6500 Piney Branch Rd NW
- Ward 5 – Giant, 1050 Brentwood Road NE
- Ward 6 – Safeway, 1100 4th St SW
- Ward 7 – Safeway, 322 40th St NE
- Ward 8 – Giant, 1535 Alabama Avenue SE
More stores are expected to join this effort, so visit the AARP DC web page or Facebook page to find the food drive location nearest you. A list of requested food items is also available online. For more information, contact 202-434-7715 or email email@example.com.
Next ArticleRead This