Photo by: Marisa Zanganeh
- Separate pulp from grapefruit rind. (Set pulp aside for later consumption, if desired.)
- In a large saucepan, add 2 quarts of water and grapefruit rinds; boil for 20 minutes.
- Discard water and repeat process with 2 more quarts of water. Boil for 20 minutes and discard water.
- Strain grapefruit rinds well to eliminate excess liquid. Remove white membrane attached to the rinds.
- Add remaining quart of water to saucepan. Add sugar, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and grapefruit rinds; cook until boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low after the initial boil, and cook for 20 additional minutes.
- Cool and place in glass jars with lids. Refrigerate. Serve with cheese or curds.
You may also like: Pumpkin cheesecake.