- 2 pounds chicken breasts or 4 breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 1 pound pork, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, grated
- ⅛ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 3 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 2 red peppers, julienned
- 32 ounces chicken broth, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and add meat. Sauté for 8–10 minutes, or until meat is fully cooked. Set aside.
- Using the same skillet, add another tablespoon olive oil and onion, and sauté for 2 minutes. Add garlic, tomato, cumin, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 2–3 minutes. Add meat to mixture and adjust seasoning. Cook for 2 additional minutes. Set aside to bring to room temperature.
- Slice open each half breast, lengthwise, butterfly-style, without separating the parts. Cover with plastic and pound uniformly, without breaking meat into pieces, until chicken is ¼-inch thick. Repeat process with each breast. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread a thin layer of pork on chicken breast. Add a layer of spinach and top with julienned pepper to taste. Roll, pressing firmly. Wrap each roulade in plastic and seal well. Refrigerate 30–60 minutes.
- Remove chicken roulades from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Pour warm chicken broth and place chicken roulades in a deep skillet or ovenproof pan. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with white sauce.