Photo by: Marisa Zanganeh
En español | Broadway legend Chita Rivera shares her recipe for a simple dish that daughter Lisa Mordente says "is to die for."
- 6 11-ounce cans vacuum-packed corn
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 6 eggs, beaten
- Sugar or sugar substitute, to taste
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
See also: Interview with Chita Rivera.
- Combine all of the ingredients, using the evaporated milk to cover the mixture. Sweeten to taste.
- Cook at 425°F for 30 minutes. Lower temperature to 375°F for an hour or until golden brown. The mixture becomes like custard.
You may also like: Recipes from Hispanic cooking expert Denisse Oller.