En español | Serves 6
- 1 12-ounce box of soy or veggie protein crumbles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ Spanish onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, diced into ¼-inch pieces
- ½ sweet red pepper, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- ¼ cup pimento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons small capers
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- 6 bell peppers that can stand on their own: 2 red, 2 yellow, 2 orange
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. In a deep pan, heat oil and sauté onion on low heat until almost clear, 3-4 minutes. Add the diced sweet red pepper, garlic and celery and sauté 2-3 minutes more.
3. Add soy crumbles and sauté until browned. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add remaining ingredients, cover and cook on medium heat until most of the liquid evaporates and the rest thickens, at least 15 minutes. Uncover and cook 5 minutes more.
5. Slice off the tops of the bell peppers and set aside. Remove and discard seeds and core.
6. Stuff the bell peppers with the sautéed crumbles, place in a greased baking pan or dish and rub olive oil over tops to keep them from charring. Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes or until browned and thoroughly cooked. Sprinkle with parsley and serve on a bed of rice.
(Note: One package of soy crumbles equals one pound of ground beef.)
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This