Photo: Marisa Zanganeh
- 1 pound small raw shrimps, deveined and unpeeled (41–50 per pound)
- 2 quarts water
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, slightly crushed
- ¾ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 4 ounces white onion, diced
- 3 Roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 small radishes, cut into matchsticks
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 Serrano chiles, seeded, deveined and diced
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 Hass avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lemon slices for garnishing
- Boil shrimps and garlic in water, salted to taste. Remove shrimps from water as soon as they turn pink, and drain. Immerse shrimps in a bowl of icy water for a few minutes to stop the cooking process. Let them rest for a few minutes prior to peeling.
- Place shrimps in a glass bowl with lemon juice, and cover with plastic. Refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Add onions, tomatoes, radishes, cilantro, Serrano chiles and ketchup to the shrimps, and mix gently. Add avocado and olive oil. Adjust seasoning.
- Garnish with lemon slices. Serve on toast.
You may also like: Avocado stuffed with crab-mango salad.