En español | Yields 16-18 kebabs.
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, fat removed, cut into 1½-inch cubes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin seed
- ½ teaspoon ground thyme
- 3 thick slices fresh pineapple
- 2 Spanish onions cut into large chunks
- 3 red peppers, seeds and veins removed, cut into large chunks
- 12-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water ½ hour to prevent charring
For green sauce
- 10 garlic cloves
- 2 cups cilantro
- 1 cup parsley
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeds and veins removed
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Sprinkle chicken with seasonings and salt and stir well. Let stand.
- In a blender, purée green sauce ingredients until the mixture is thick and smooth.
- On each skewer, thread red peppers, pineapple, seasoned chicken and onions, alternating in the order you prefer.
- Place threaded skewers on large rectangular ovenproof (non-metallic) dish.
- Pour green sauce over the kebabs, cover with plastic and refrigerate.
- When ready to cook, preheat grill to medium high heat. Grill the kebabs 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Serve with couscous.