Ready for your next job? Get a free resume review from AARP Resume Advisor.
AARP The Magazine, May/June 2010 issue
5 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
Dried basil leaves, as needed
Ground cinnamon, as needed
2 teaspoons canola oil
2 tablespoons sugar free apricot jam
1 cup green beans
1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
1. Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Lightly sprinkle with basil leaves and cinnamon.
2. In a small skillet, cook the chicken, seasoned side up, in the canola oil for 5 minutes. Turn and cook an additional 5 minutes.
3. Spread the chicken with apricot jam, remove from the heat, cover, and let stand.
4. In a steamer, cook the green beans for 8 to 10 minutes, until tender. Top with the toasted almonds.
5. Serve the chicken with the green beans and almonds.
Nutrients per serving:
Total dietary fiber: 5g
Dr. Oz's 6-Month Health Plan: Recipes
Dr. Oz recommends these recipes as part of a three-day diet plan designed to jump-start your body to lose weight. For more tips on how to start shaping your healthy future today, visit Get Healthy with Dr. Oz's 6-Month Plan
Please leave your comment below.
You must be logged in to leave a comment.
Members save 25% on their first healthy meal delivery order of 99+.
Members save 15% all day, every day at participating locations.
Members save 15% on in-store purchases of frozen yogurt, treats and apparel.
AARP members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.
You are leaving AARP.org and going to the website of our trusted provider. The provider’s terms, conditions and policies apply. Please return to AARP.org to learn more about other benefits.
Your email address is now confirmed.
Manage your email preferences and tell us which topics interest you so that we can prioritize the information you receive.
Explore all that AARP has to offer.
In the next 24 hours, you will receive an email to confirm your subscription to receive emails
related to AARP volunteering. Once you confirm that subscription, you will regularly
receive communications related to AARP volunteering. In the meantime, please feel free
to search for ways to make a difference in your community at