5 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
Dried basil leaves, as needed
Ground cinnamon, as needed
2 teaspoons canola oil
2 tablespoons sugar free apricot jam
1 cup green beans
1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
1. Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Lightly sprinkle with basil leaves and cinnamon.
2. In a small skillet, cook the chicken, seasoned side up, in the canola oil for 5 minutes. Turn and cook an additional 5 minutes.
3. Spread the chicken with apricot jam, remove from the heat, cover, and let stand.
4. In a steamer, cook the green beans for 8 to 10 minutes, until tender. Top with the toasted almonds.
5. Serve the chicken with the green beans and almonds.
Nutrients per serving:
Total dietary fiber: 5g
Next ArticleRead This