For spice and verve
- Try sriracha deviled eggs, adding grated ginger, soy sauce, minced scallions and sriracha hot sauce. Or create extra-devilish eggs by including some liquid from canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce.
- Sub in mashed avocado for most of the yolks, and blend in minced onion, jalapeño, cilantro and lime juice for a green treat.
For less fat and fewer calories
- Replace the mayo with cottage cheese. Fat-free works well when you whip it smooth.
- Swap out some or all of the mayo for low-fat Greek yogurt.
- Omit 1 or 2 yolks from the filling.
TIP: Buy prepeeled hard-boiled eggs. Take a thin slice off the rounded bottom so the egg stands.