Planning for Long-Term Care for Dummies
By Carol Levine
Expert advice on planning for your own or a relative’s future care needs
As we live longer and healthier lives, planning for the long term has never been more important. Planning gives you more control, but it’s not easy to find accurate information and answers to your questions. That’s where AARP’s Planning For Long-Term Care For Dummies comes in.
This comprehensive guide gives you questions to ask yourself and others about how best to achieve your goals, whether you have immediate needs or can take some time to sort out the possibilities. The book
- Covers home modifications so that you can stay at home safely for as long as you like
- Lays out the opportunities and costs associated with independent living, assisted living and other options
- Gives you a range of driving and transportation alternatives
- Sorts out the various sources of care at home
- Helps you navigate the healthcare system
- Reviews the legal documents you should prepare and update
- Helps you determine whether you need long-term care insurance
- Offers checklists and other resources to help you make decisions
- Gives you guidance on how to talk to your family about sensitive issues
If you're looking for trusted information on how to prepare for the future care needs for yourself or a relative, this sensitive, realistic, and authoritative guide will start you on the right road.
Merit National Mature Media Award 2014