En español | Trips to the doctor’s office can leave you harried and overwhelmed. As a result, important questions can be forgotten. Here is a list of suggested questions to consider bringing with you to your loved one’s next appointment.
- Why does my loved one need surgery?
- How is the surgery performed?
- Where will the surgery be performed?
- Are there alternatives to surgery?
- What risks are associated with this operation?
- What kind of anesthesia will be used?
- What is the average recovery time?
- How much experience do you have performing this type of surgery?
- What costs can we expect?
- Will my loved one’s insurance cover this test or treatment?
- What can we do to reduce costs?
- Do you have any written information that we can take home?
- Is a follow-up visit necessary?
- If so, when should we follow up?
- If we think of questions later, how can we contact you?