• Contest period 1 starts on or about 9:00 a.m. EST on December 26, 2012 and ends on or about 11:59 p.m. EST on December 30, 2012. Entries must be received by no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on December 30, 2012.
• Contest period 2 starts on or about 9:00 a.m. EST on January 2, 2013 and ends on or about 11:59 p.m. EST on January 6, 2013.
Entries must be received by no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on January 6, 2013.
• Contest period 3 starts on or about 9:00 a.m. EST on January 9, 2013 and ends on or about 11:59 p.m. EST on January 13, 2013.
Entries must be received by no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on January 13, 2013.
• Contest period 4 starts on or about 9:00 a.m. EST on January 16, 2013 and ends on or about 11:59 p.m. EST on January 20, 2013.
Entries must be received by no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on January 20, 2013.
2. Eligibility: Contest open to individuals 18 years of age or older, who are legal residents of the 50 United States or Washington, DC. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS AND OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES & DC, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Directors and employees of AARP and their respective parent and affiliated companies, advertising and promotions agencies and the immediate family members and members of the same household of those employees and directors are not eligible.
3. Prizes: Four Prizes: One Winner will be selected for each contest period at 12:00 p.m. EST on the following dates: December 30, 2012 for contest period 1; January 6, 2013 for contest period 2; January 13, 2013 for contest period 3; and January 20, 2013 for contest period 4. Winners will each receive one (1) Football autographed by James “JB” Brown, Dan Marino, Boomer Esaison, Bill Cowher, and Shannon Sharpe. The prize has an approximate retail value of $250. Winners will also have their submitted NFL Playoff question answered by JB on the “Touchdown with JB” podcast during the show aired the following Thursday. Winners will be sent a recording of their question being answered on the show. Please note that only AARP members may access the actual broadcast of the podcast. One prize per entrant maximum. An entrant who wins a prize under this contest in one contest period is ineligible to win a prize in a later contest period.
4. Drawing and Awarding of Prizes: The Prize Winners will be selected by JB and AARP based on the originality (35%), creativity (35%), and relevancy (30%) of their question posed, from amongst all eligible entries. In the event of a tie, entrant with the higher originality score shall prevail. Selection and awarding of prizes will be conducted by a committee of JB and AARP employees whose decision on all matters relating to this Contest is final. AARP reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify, or terminate the Contest if the fairness, security, or proper operation of the promotion is compromised by a virus, errors, unauthorized human intervention, tampering, or any cause beyond the reasonable control of AARP. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, AARP reserves the right to award the prizes amongst the eligible entries received before the termination date.
Prize Winners will be notified by phone and email following the selection and may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity Release (where permitted by law) by return prepaid overnight delivery within five (5) business days of the date of notification. Failure to respond within the required time period may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternative winner. By participating, each entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless AARP, James “J.B.” Brown, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents, for any injuries, damages or losses which may be sustained in connection with participation in this Contest and ownership, use or misuse of the prize. If a prize notification e-mail is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternative winner. Taxes on the prize and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
5. Releases and Warranties: By submitting an entry, you warrant and represent that the question submitted is your own and was created by you, has not been previously published or won a previous prize, that you own or control all the rights to your material and that your entry does not violate any law or any right of any third-party. Submitting a question that is copyrighted by another individual will make you responsible for any legal action the legal copyright holder might take against you. You grant Sponsor all rights of ownership, reproduction, and use of your entry for any purpose whatsoever without compensation or further permission. By entering the Contest, you waive any and all rights you may have to your entry and assign all such rights to Sponsor.
6. Odds: The actual odds of winning depends on the number of qualified entries.
7. Names of Winners: For the names of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to AARP, Room A6-222, 601 E Street, NW, Washington, DC 20049 for receipt by February 20, 2013.
8. Sponsor: AARP