Think you know AARP? What you don't know about us may surprise you. Discover all the 'Real Possibilities'




Best Employers for Workers Over 50

See the latest winners of this AARP recognition program.

Employer Resource Center

Attract and retain top talent in a changing workforce.

Most Popular



AARP's Social Security Q&A Tool

I am a retired federal employee but my husband is not. Can I receive spouse benefits on his record?

En español | If your husband worked in employment that was covered under Social Security, then you may receive a spouse's +B103 benefit based on his earnings. Note, however, that the Government Pension Offset may reduce your spouse benefit if you are also receiving a pension from your federal work under CSRS.

Was this helpful to you?

Thank you - your feedback has been sent.

submit a question to
aarp experts

Didn’t see the answer to your question? Help us improve the tool by submitting your Social Security question. Go

more about
social security

Your Work

Jobs You Might Like

Discounts & Benefits

Explore Your Learning Possiblities