Social Security and the Future of Retirement, an AARP Solutions Forum, featured a panel discussion with Alicia Munnell, director of the Center for Retirement Research at Boston College; Alice Rivlin, senior fellow at the Brookings Institution; John Rother, chief policy strategist at AARP; and Madonna Harrington Meyer of the Center for Policy Research at Syracuse University.
Moderated by journalist Juan Williams, the forum brought together policy experts and stakeholders for a discussion of issues related to the role Social Security plays in our retirement system. Specific topics included:
- Are the American people ready to make changes in Social Security?
- How does Social Security fit into the long-term budget picture?
- How does Social Security affect retirement plans for older Americans?
- Should Social Security be “means tested”?
- Should Americans be saving more for retirement?
- Should we consider raising taxes to shore up Social Security?
- What’s the most pressing threat to retirement security?
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This