Additional Online Resources
- Jobs 4.0 For job seekers 40 and over.
- Workforce50.com For job seekers 50 and over; formerly called Senior Job Bank.
- Retired Brains For older boomers, seniors, and retirees.
- Seniors4Hire For job seekers 50 and over.
- YourEncore For older scientists, engineers and product developers.
- RetireeWorkforce.com For retirees and mature workers.
- The Riley Guide Career advice plus links to thousands of websites which offer job postings and resources. Includes a brief description of each link.
- Job-Hunt.org Links to a wide range of employment websites and career resources.
- Weddle’s Internet resources on job hunting and career management; includes online bookstore and bi-weekly newsletter.
- Quintessential Careers Comprehensive site for job search and career advice. Use search page to find articles geared to 50+ workers, including changing careers, resumes, age bias and lots more.
- The Wall Street Journal - Careers This is the Wall Street Journal’s Executive Career Site. Find job postings, salary information, advice on managing your career, and an online forum.
- Career One-Stop Centers Career One-Stop Centers provide employment assistance to jobseekers in over 2,000 communities across the U.S. One-Stop Centers offer help with finding a job, planning your next careers steps or change, locating training, and coping with job loss. To find one closest to you, call toll-free 1-877-US2-JOBS (1-877-872-5627).
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)The U.S. SBA provides information, one-on-one counseling and training at no charge to individuals who seek to start their own business. SMA centers are located throughout the country and have libraries, special services for women entrepreneurs, and access to market research databases.
- U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) Find details on the earnings limit and other benefits issues.
- Execu-Net Find job opportunities and networking for executive jobs in the $100K employment market. Requires paid membership (30-day, 180-day, and 360-day options).
- 40Plus Forty Plus is a volunteer organization devoted to helping its members find jobs. They offer a training course, job search counseling, resume development, weekly peer support meetings and other resources, all supported by member fees. FortyPlus chapters operate in six states as independent organizations. The website for the Washington, D.C. organization has links to other chapters.
- The Five O’Clock Club Career Coaching and Outplacement Network for Professionals, Managers, and Executives. Offers a 5-volume set of job search books and presentations professional career counselors. Members attend weekly meetings either at a physical location or by teleconference, and network with other members. Membership fees are based on number of sessions attended. Free articles are available on website.
You may also like: 5 great part-time jobs. >>