A recent survey by SHRM shows that more than half of businesses and organizations are either not aware of the demographic shift towards an older workforce or are not actively planning for its effects. These impacts range from skills shortages and knowledge drain, to a sharp increase in the number of working caregivers.
AARP is committed to raising awareness of the unique value experienced workers bring to the table in any organization. To that end, we’ve pulled together tools and resources designed to help you get the facts on how current demographic trends could impact your workforce, as well as a view into what the 50+ worker values most in their work environment.
- AARP Staying Ahead of the Curve Workforce Research
- Workforce Profiles Tool
- Fact Sheet: Family Caregivers: The New Reality of Work and Family (PDF)
- Fact Sheet: America’s Aging Workforce (PDF)
- Hiring the Long-Term Unemployed: The Handbook (PDF)
- Hiring the Long-Term Unemployed: The Toolkit
Have we missed anything? We want to hear from you! If you have any ideas for topics or resources we haven’t covered here, let us know. Send your feedback to Elizabeth Buser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next ArticleRead This