- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
To determine public views on older workers, age discrimination, and the Protecting Older Workers Against Discrimination Act (POWADA), AARP conducted a survey of older voters in Utah.
Key findings from these surveys show:
- Two in five older voters in Utah report that they or someone they know has recently experienced age discrimination in the workplace.
- More than eight in ten older voters in Utah say it is important for Congress to take action and restore workplace protections against age discrimination.
- Across party and ideological lines, older voters in Utah support the Protecting Older Workers Against Discrimination Act (POWADA).
- More than eight in ten older voters in Utah want their Member of Congress to support POWADA.
The survey was conducted for AARP by Woelfel Research Inc. in March 2014 with a random sample of registered voters age 50 and over in Utah.
For more information, contact S. Kathi Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. Members of the media should contact AARP’s Media Relations Department at (202) 434-2560.
You can get weekly email alerts on the topics below. Just click “Follow.”Manage Alerts
Jobs You Might Like
Discounts & Benefits
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
15% savings on PC tune-up with Geek Squad® Tech Support & Guidance for AARP® Members.
Members get 15% off eligible products/services and 5% off shipping at The UPS Store®.
Members save 5% on monthly service and usage charges with Consumer Cellular.
Renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.