- Discounts on travel and everyday savings.
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine.
- Free membership for your spouse or partner.
To determine public views on older workers, age discrimination, and the Protecting Older Workers Against Discrimination Act (POWADA), AARP conducted a survey of older voters in Utah.
Key findings from these surveys show:
- Two in five older voters in Utah report that they or someone they know has recently experienced age discrimination in the workplace.
- More than eight in ten older voters in Utah say it is important for Congress to take action and restore workplace protections against age discrimination.
- Across party and ideological lines, older voters in Utah support the Protecting Older Workers Against Discrimination Act (POWADA).
- More than eight in ten older voters in Utah want their Member of Congress to support POWADA.
The survey was conducted for AARP by Woelfel Research Inc. in March 2014 with a random sample of registered voters age 50 and over in Utah.
For more information, contact S. Kathi Brown at email@example.com. Members of the media should contact AARP’s Media Relations Department at (202) 434-2560.
You can get weekly email alerts on the topics below. Just click “Follow.”Manage Alerts
Jobs You Might Like
Discounts & Benefits
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% on eligible products/services, 5% on UPS shipping at The UPS Store®.
Small business owners save 20% on new installation of any new ADT security system.
Members save on monthly service & usage fees and get free activation with Consumer Cellular.
Renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.