- Discounts on travel and everyday savings.
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine.
- Free membership for your spouse or partner.
To determine public views on older workers, age discrimination, and the Protecting Older Workers Against Discrimination Act (POWADA), AARP conducted a survey of older voters in Nevada.
Key findings from this survey show:
- Over one-third of older voters report that they or someone they know has recently experienced age discrimination in the workplace.
- More than eight in ten older voters say it is important for Congress to take action and restore workplace protections against age discrimination.
- Across party and ideological lines, older voters support the Protecting Older Workers Against Discrimination Act (POWADA).
- More than eight in ten older voters want their Member of Congress to support POWADA.
The survey was conducted for AARP by Woelfel Research Inc. in March 2014 with a random sample of registered voters age 50 and over in Nevada.
For more information, contact S. Kathi Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. Members of the media should contact AARP’s Media Relations Department at (202) 434-2560.
You can get weekly email alerts on the topics below. Just click “Follow.”Manage Alerts
Jobs You Might Like
Discounts & Benefits
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% on eligible products/services, 5% on UPS shipping at The UPS Store®.
Small business owners save 20% on new installation of any new ADT security system.
Members save on monthly service & usage fees and get free activation with Consumer Cellular.
Renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.