The findings from this survey show overwhelmingly strong support for a new telemarketing law in Minnesota that would give residents the option of placing their names and phone numbers on a “do not call” list. The survey also explores Minnesota residents'
- Impressions of telemarketing calls
- Ability to determine the legitimacy of telemarketing calls
- Probability of putting their name on a “do not call” list
- Support for Minnesota telemarketing laws to specifically require disclosure and consumer protection laws.
- Support for Minnesota telemarketing laws to include a “do not call” list.
Between November 23 and December 5, 2001, 1,000 Minnesotans age 18 and over were interviewed by phone. The survey was conducted for AARP by the Southeastern Institute of Research, and the report prepared by Joanne Binette of AARP Knowledge Management. (12 pages)
Next ArticleRead This