Making Suffolk County and Brookhaven Great Places to Live: The 2014 Livable Communities Surveys of AARP Members Age 50+ in Suffolk County and Brookhaven, New York explores members’ opinions about “aging in place” in their community.
Two separate mail surveys find that AARP members:
- believe it is important to have outdoor spaces and buildings in their community that allow access for people of different physical abilities
- mostly drive themselves to get around their community, and many believe it is important to have well-designed, safe streets that support all users
- want to stay healthy and therefore believe having good community health care facilities, services and providers is important
- want to have social activities and volunteer opportunities within their community
- want to work for as long as possible and believe it is important to have community supports that will enable them to do so
For more information, contact Joanne Binette at firstname.lastname@example.org.