8. Find pictures of the six best times you had together, and make copies for a key-chain cube. If you didn’t take pictures, scanning maps or matchbox covers will do nicely.
9. From Legos, make a superhero person in the image of your love. And don’t have the kids do it. (OK, the kids can help.)
10. Give him a calendar with nine Friday evenings blocked off, for the next year. Make the plans and sort out the child care, and arrange for them to pop up in advance on his computer or phone.
11. Let her sleep all day, waking only to watch reruns of Law and Order.
12. Borrow a cabin, off-season, from a pal. Off-road it to a winter picnic and a double sleeping bag by the fire.
13. Play poker. Play darts. Play pool. Spend the evening doing the things you did in courtship days.
14. When your love opens his or her wallet, let there be a note that says, “You’re my lucky day.”