This forum brought experts, state and local officials together to discuss a report released by AARP's Public Policy Institute with support from The Commonwealth Fund and The SCAN Foundation.
The report “Raising Expectations: A State Scorecard on Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS) for Older Adults, People with Physical Disabilities and Family Caregivers” presents the first broad evaluation of how well states provide assistance to millions of adults who need help with daily activities. The Scorecard ranks states by performance, identifies specific areas where each state can improve and highlights state policies that result in better performance.
Speakers who discussed Scorecard findings and addressed policy options included:
- Jennifer Burnett, Director, CMS Division of Community Systems Transformations
- Bruce Chernof, M.D., President and CEO, The SCAN Foundation
- Henry Claypool, Director, HHS Office on Disability
- Michele Douglas, Policy Partners
- Robert Hornyak, Acting Director, Center for Policy, Planning and Evaluation, Administration on Aging
- Bonnie Kantor-Burman, Director, Ohio Department of Aging
- Kathleen A. Kelly, Executive Director, Family Caregiver Alliance
- Mary Jane Koren, M.D., VP, The Commonwealth Fund
- Susan Reinhard, AARP SVP for Public Policy
- Martha Roherty, Executive Director, NASUAD
- Herb Sanderson, Associate State Director, AARP Arkansas
See a webcast of the event.