We are truly a nation of caregivers. From coast to coast, from town to town, in city and suburb and countryside, families are engaged every day in taking care of those we love. We do it without pausing to label ourselves “caregivers.” We just do it, because we are family and because we care.
Elinor Ginzler, Caring for Your Parents, The Complete AARP Guide
At Orlando@50+, you will find various resources that you may need or want for your situation; meet others who are in similar caregiving situations to share stories and resources; and find time to relax and have fun.
We greatly appreciate what you do for your loved one and want to celebrate your contribution together. You can register at www.aarp.org/events and we hope that you can join us for this exciting event and look forward to meeting you in Orlando or online.
Stop by our Celebrating Caregiving booth # 5A on the exhibit floor to:
- Get your questions answered by professionals who work with older adults
- Share your caregiving story
- Pick up giveaways*
- Start a treasure hunt to find helpful information on the exhibit floor and enter a drawing for free spa services. (AARP does not endorse any non-AARP exhibitor products and services)
When the conference is over, you can turn to www.aarp.org/caregiving for tools, resources and a supportive online community that caregivers can depend on.
If you can't find time to physically be in Orlando for the event, you can join the event online for free as an AARP member, to participate in caregiving related sessions and online forums and chats after each session.
Simply pre-register on the site, and you'll receive an email reminder the day prior to the event, so you can participate along with everyone in Orlando.
Also, during the event, be sure to check out the Celebration of Caregiving booth 5-A# and chat room online to:
- Get your questions answered by professionals
- Share your caregiving story and learn from others in similar situations
- Learn about AARP and non-AARP resources relevant to you
- Keep up to date on Orlando@50+ activities made just for you