The AARP Public Policy Institute informs and stimulates public debate on the issues we face as we age. The Institute promotes development of sound, creative policies to address our common need for economic security, health care, and quality of life.
A job opening is currently available on the Financial Security Team.
Senior Policy Advisor:
- Consumer Finance (Insurance, Financial Products & Services, Consumer Protections)
- Identify policy challenges and solutions, including emerging trends, in areas of expertise.
- Develop policy options and strategies to enable AARP to promote changes to improve the lives of Americans age 50-plus and their families.
- Use appropriate research methodologies and data to conduct and oversee original policy research on highly-visible and potentially controversial issues.
- Write research reports, fact sheets, policy briefs, and blogs for public release.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to help AARP achieve its strategic objectives.
- Advise internal stakeholders in areas of demonstrated expertise, including evaluating Federal and state regulatory and legislative proposals.
- Advanced degree in Economics, Public Policy, other Social Sciences, or related discipline; Ph.D. preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience in research and data analysis, and public policy evaluation and development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and exceptional skills in presenting complex issues to a wide range of audiences.
- Demonstrated expert in one or more of the following areas: Social Security, Labor Market, or Consumer Finance (consumer protections, insurance, financial products and service).
Consumer Finance – Job Number 12458370
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.