Kathleen Ujvari is a policy research senior analyst with the AARP Public Policy Institute. Her work includes research and analysis of state-level and national data on long-term services and supports (LTSS) to identify issues, trends, and opportunities to improve access, delivery, quality, and program funding. She performed analytical work for Raising Expectations: A State Scorecard on Long-Term Services and Supports for Older Adults, People with Physical Disabilities, and Family Caregivers and is coauthor on a number of publications that address long-term care insurance, the role of states in supporting family caregivers, and economic studies that report on LTSS programs and financing.
Ms. Ujvari was also the lead researcher for the Across the States: Profiles of Long-Term Services and Supports, 2012 Update. She has extensive experience in root-cause analysis, project management, and project implementation from her prior career as a financial services industry consultant and financial regulatory auditor. She holds an MBA from Northeastern University and a master’s degree in health systems management from George Mason University.
- Kassner, E. and Ujvari, K., The Book of the States 2013: The Role of States in Supporting Family Caregivers (Washington, DC, The Council of State Governments, July 2013, 474–479).
- Houser, A., Fox-Grage, W., and Ujvari, K. “Across the States 2012: Profiles of Long-Term Services and Supports,” (Washington, DC, AARP Public Policy Institute, September 2012).
- Ujvari, K., “Long-Term Care Insurance: 2012 Update,” (Washington, DC, AARP Public Policy Institute, Fact Sheet 261, June 2012).
- Mollica, R., Houser, A., and Ujvari, K., “Assisted Living and Residential Care in the States in 2010,” (Washington, DC, AARP Public Policy Institute, April 2012).
- Cheek, M., Roherty, M., Finnan, L., Cho, E., Walls, J., Gifford, K., Fox-Grage, W., and Ujvari, K., “On the Verge: The Transformation of Long-Term Services and Supports,” (Washington, DC, AARP Public Policy Institute, February 2012).