This survey explores the attitudes and concerns of AARP members in Montana about their health care and prescription drug coverage, energy and utilities service, identity theft, financial investing, their personal opinions about legislative priorities, and the type of AARP opportunities or information of most interest to them.
Of those surveyed…
- 51 percent have Medicare as a source of health care coverage
- 30 percent spend $100 or more per month of their own money on their prescription drug purchases
- 91 percent have not applied for utility assistance programs largely because they say they are not eligible (53%) or do not want or need government help (28%)
- 21 percent have been a victim of identity theft or knows someone who has
- 90 percent say retirement is their primary reason for investing in securities
The issues members view as top or high legislative priorities for AARP Montana are access to affordable prescription drugs (83%), affordable energy rates (80%), and strengthening nursing home policies (76%).
This mail survey of 1,072 AARP Montana members was conducted between October 30th and November 30th, 2006. Further information about the survey may be obtained by contacting Jennifer H. Sauer of AARP Knowledge Management at 202-434-6207. (37 pages)
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This